Senior Fitter / Site Supervisor
As a company, our mission is to create exceptional interiors which enhance our client’s lives and their experience of living in traditional houses.
A significant percentage of our projects are in period country estates. The Artichoke team has developed a wealth of focused knowledge and experience in this sector and is able to offer our clients a high level of expertise from design concept through to completion.
We are now expanding our installations team to ensure we provide the best service to our clients through to practical completion of their projects.
Artichoke’s site supervisors are our main representatives on site, working with our project directors to ensure our clients’ experience of our process is a good one.
The successful recruit will join two other site supervisors in our busy team working on site in country houses, central London and occasionally overseas, and at any one time will be responsible for 1/3rd of the company’s project installations.
This will involve taking responsibility for the successful site preparation, installation and snagging work for their projects, and managing third-party fitting teams.
Required Skills, Experience & Character
· A minimum 6 years’ experience in high end residential joinery installation work.
· An ability to set out and manage installations, including pre and post installation requirement, ensuring that fits are finished on time and to the highest standard.
· Confidence and knowledge to lead by example, when working alongside or supervising the work of all parties involved in the installation
· Excellent communication skills, keeping the Project Director, operations team and site contacts up to date at all times and delivering regular feedback reports
· An awareness of personal limits in both skill and experience and knowing when and who to ask for support in resolving issues
· High personal standards for punctuality, tidiness and professionalism
· Ability to carry out site check surveys and advise the building team to ensure the site is ready to fit
· Managing the snagging process to ensure that all projects are completed efficiently at the highest quality and in a timely manner
· Confidence to communicate clearly with powerful clients
· Flexibility and an appetite for varied work, some long journeys and week nights often spent away from home
This role will include exclusive use of a company van for work, mobile phone and other electronic equipment for communication, power tools and site fitting equipment.
Pay is offered at competitive rates and based on experience. Work, travel and live away expenses will be covered.
Artichoke prides itself in offering employees a full range of benefits, and currently runs a discretionary bonus system to allow all employees to share in the company’s success.
How to apply
You can apply for this role by sending a CV or written application to firstname.lastname@example.org