Artichoke was founded on the belief that brilliantly designed interiors and joinery can immeasurably improve a client’s experience of living in a period building. As specialists in interior architecture and joinery design, we use wood to shape the character and function of rooms into distinctive and liveable spaces. We can offer you the chance to learn from the best – working alongside some of the most talented designers and makers in the country. Our state-of-the-art workshop and creative design studio are in Cheddar, Somerset, within easy reach of Bath, Bristol and the M5.
Working with us, you will be delivering truly bespoke solutions rather than churning out variations of a range. You will be creating legacy standard interiors in some of the world’s most intriguing homes. Our clients are patrons of our craft who share our passion and are prepared to invest in quality – we only work with a handful at a time. You will have the chance to work as one with exceptional artisans across a myriad of specialist trades to achieve the remarkable for our clients and their houses.
We are seeking new members to join our team – please explore the positions via the drop down menu below. To apply, use the application form relating to that position.
Our team of period wood finishers play a vital part in this – replicating the depth and character that hard wood acquires over time. Applying texture and patina allows it to seamlessly blend into a period setting just as it has a transformative effect in newly built houses, providing instant depth and character.
If you share our passion for working with wood and have the creative flair and craftsmanship to apply the kind of specialist finishes that our work demands, then we want to hear from you!
Perhaps you’ve had a career in specialist finishing or French polishing or come from the world of antiques restoration. You may have experience working in a finishing team or working independently as a furniture restorer. Whatever your background, you will have an appreciation that recreating the feel of antique wood requires a certain alchemy. We can help you develop these very rare skills – its an opportunity to learn from the best.
You will be working predominantly as part of a small highly skilled team producing work of a meticulous standard of finish. This will be achieved using various specialist techniques, and will be applied to a wide variety of classical furniture styles, made from highest quality hardwood and softwood timbers, and incorporating many and varied fine veneers. You will also be working collaboratively with a team of highly skilled cabinet makers to help facilitate the best possible outcomes for the finished furniture and associated fittings. On occasion, there may also be the opportunity for working on site, in some of the finest properties in Europe.
Job Type: Full-time : workshop hours 07.30 to 16.30 Monday to Thursday, 07.30 to 15.30 on Friday
Based in: Cheddar, Somerset
Pay is offered at competitive rates and based on experience.
All applications need to include a CV, photographs of recent work and a covering letter explaining why you think you’d be a good fit for the job. Please feel free to give us a call if you’d like to have an informal conversation about your application – please call Gavin on 01934 313421.
If you share our passion for working with wood and have the creative flair and craftsmanship that our work demands, we want to hear from you!
• The minimum requirement for application is a furniture or cabinet-making qualification or six years plus experience in a similar high end commercial cabinet making company.
• Candidates must be skilled in all areas of cabinet making with excellent technical knowledge and understanding and experience in both solid and veneered work. You will also need to be able to demonstrate excellent hand and machine skills and to be able to make individual pieces, from start to finish, as well as working as part of a team on larger projects.
• The successful applicant will be someone who meets the requirements outlined above, shares our values and is the right fit for Artichoke and our Production Team.
• Pay is offered at competitive rates and based on experience.
• All applications need to include a CV, photographs or portfolio of recent work, references and a covering letter explaining why you think we should consider you to be one of our team.
• Attention to detail and pride in your work.
• A flexible team player.
• Professional and confident individual with good timekeeping.
• Ability to work independently and to take the initiative in solving problems.
Job Type: Full-time: workshop hours 07.30 to 16.30 Monday to Thursday, 07.30 to 15.30 on Friday
Based in: Cheddar, Somerset
Pay is offered at competitive rates and based on experience within a range of £30k to £35K.
To apply, please complete the online form. If you’d like to have an informal conversation about your application – please call Gavin on 01934 313421 or email – email@example.com